Creating a new account is an easy process that can be completed in just 1-2 minutes. Below are the detailed steps to complete the process, as well as a video showing the process. Please do not sign up for an account using someone else's email address and name. If you are connected to a school, you will be able to register anyone from that school using your own account. Please note: many users may find that an account has already been set up with their email address. In these cases, please use the 'forgot password' link to set a password for the first time.
Here is a training video that shows the entire sign up process.
- Click the icon in the top right-hand corner of the NYSAIS Portal and select "Register."
- Please select a username, enter your email address and a password, and select "Sign up" when you are finished. Passwords must contain:
- At least one lower case letter
- At least one upper case letter
- At least one special character
- At least one number
- At least eight characters
- Open your email and copy the code that was emailed to you to verify that your email address was entered correctly. *Please note: keep this tab open and open a new one if you access your email account via a browser.
- Navigate back to the same signup browser window, paste your verification code into the box and select "Confirm Account."
- Enter your Personal Information, including Name, Contact information, Title, and the Primary Role that you serve in your school. If you do not work in a school, please select "Other."
- Select "Next" in the lower left-right corner when you are ready to proceed.
- On the Organization Information tab, there are three options available.
- Member School (or organization already set up) - If you use your school email address to create your account, the system should automatically suggest your school to you as your affiliated organization. If it does not, start entering the first few letters of your school's name and select the member school from the list. Select "Member" from the "Organization Role" field.
- Create a new organization - If you work in a non-member school or organization, you can select "My Affiliated Organization does not appear. Create New" and enter the relevant information. This step will be required for anyone wishing to complete group registrations. *Please note: the "Billing Email Address" field is used for domain matching of account. Eg/ If a new user registers for an account using your school email domain (email@example.com), the system will automatically suggest it as their affiliated organization.
- Individual - To continue with the account registration process without associating your account with school or organization, select "I am not affialited with an Organization."
- If you would like to select what emails you receive from NYSAIS, please opt-in to receiving emails and select the categories that you would like to receive.